The self-publishing revolution is in full swing because we’re at a time when the use of tablets has reached a critical point, and connectivity is abundant.
The time for every author to consider self-publishing is here! Here are a few reasons why you should self-publish:
- Control. Self-publishers can control what’s in a book, how long it is, and how it looks. They only answer to themselves for most aspects of their books. Also, Self-publishers can change the price of their book at will.
- Time to market. Self-publishers can get their book to market in less than a week once it’s copyedited.
- Longevity. Self-publishers can keep their book in print forever—or at least as long as it takes for readers to discover it.
- Revisions. Self-publishers can revise books immediately with online e-book resellers and printers that are working on demand.
- Higher royalty. Self-publishers can make more money. Amazon pays a 35% or 70% percent royalty to self-publishers.
- Distribute Globally. Self-publishers can achieve global distribution of their e-book on day one. For example, Kindle Direct Publishing will list an e-book in one hundred countries, and Apple’s iBookstore reaches fifty countries.
- Control of foreign rights. Self-publishers determine who buys foreign rights and for how much. They can make more money because they are not sharing foreign-rights revenues with a traditional publisher.
- Analytics. Self-publishers can receive real-time or near real-time sales results. Traditional publishers provide twice-a-year royalty statements—imagine running a business with two sales reports a year.
- Flexibility. Self-publishers can cut any kind of deal with any kind of organization. Traditional publishers only sell to resellers except for bulk sales of printed books to large organizations.
When you are ready to invest in the services of a professional editor, contact us here at Detroit Ink Publishing! We are ready to work with you!