Editing: Each level of editing includes two rounds; additional rounds of editing will incur an additional cost. For definitions of the different levels of editing, please see this page on our website.
- Copy Editing $0.08 per word
- Line Editing $0.10 per word
- Developmental Editing $0.12 per word
- Final Proofreading $0.05 per word
Ghostwriting: Rates vary and are customizable; charged by the page and based on the type of document and/or book.
- Ghostwriting is a specialized skill best performed by writing professionals who are experienced in bringing ideas to life and producing fiction and nonfiction documents for clients, and who are also proficient in journalism, research, interviewing, organization, editing, and project management. A ghostwriter is just that, a “ghost” who works closely with you to produce an excellent document, article, bio, memoir, autobiography, or other document that will bear your name. You own the rights and the copyright. The ghostwriters at Detroit Ink Publishing do not work for royalties or promises of any kind of “future payment” arrangement. Unless you opt for the “as told to” option for your book, the name of the ghostwriter is not mentioned.